Friday, September 3, 2010

Life After Injury, Charity Triathlon


Four great things have happened to me so far this year . .
  1. My Permanent Residency application went through on 2nd Feb - now all I have to do is wait.
  2. I no longer have to go to physiotherapy at Caulfield (I miss Rod!)
  3. I turned 32.
  4. I completed the distances requires for a triathlon - 5km walk / 20 km cycle / 500 metre swim.

So it's game on... Now all I need is your help - the support and cash kind of help.

On Saturday 1st May 2010 - so far, 10 participants will be completing an indoor triathlon in aid of Spinal Cord Injuries Australia. A not for profit charity organisation who help people with spinal cord injuries, they work to prevent, care and cure.

The idea behind the Triathlon is "Life After Injury"
A "sprint" triathlon is broken into 3 parts:
  • 5 km run / walk

  • 20 km cycle and

  • 500 metre swim.
This triathlon is gym and pool based and therefore, in a controlled environment.
The idea is to beat your personal best.

To sponsor this event please go to: http://www.lifeafterinjury.com.au/

I will be substituting the 5km run for a 5km walk - however, the fact that I feel I could even complete this triathlon, is testament enough to my recovery.

Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC) are hosting the event and the usual $20 casual entrance fee will go to the charity. Rod has volunteered to help with the organisation on the day and it is open to everyone to participate. Thanks to Gerard (aka Kiwi) for the flyer design - I owe him a warm pint when I am back in London.
The website has a payment online option with a secure payment gateway. GoFundraise.com.au are the company that put the site together (for free - thankyou!) and use the most secure payment technology.

So please, don't be shy - put those Great British Pounds, Euro, Swiss Francs, Dirhams and not forgetting the great Aussie Dollar to good use. You will have the option to print out a tax receipt through the website. Geez you can even follow us on the day : www.twitter.com/lifeafterinjury

Thanks in advance - this should keep us all on the straight and narrow for a while!







1 comment:

  1. Brilliant initiative! I'll donate some pounds -although they're next to worthless at the moment the way the dollar is going!

    ReplyDelete