Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sad News...


I know you all know about the Jeannie Little that caused a stir at The Alfred Hospital and while she was also my roomie at Hotel Caulfield. Real name Christine Mitchell.
The same Christine Mitchell that had a neck brace, a full back brace and hid her wine in the stroller trolley. The feisty Christine Mitchell that refused to stay in the hospital and got her stuff together and went to catch the bus home, the same Christine Mitchell who told the nurses what to do and not the other way round.
The same Christine Mitchell that died in her sleep on Saturday morning around 6am.
I was on my way to see her that day when her husband Gary called me to let me know. He is heart broken.
She couldn't take the pain anymore and Gary tells me she passed away peacefully.
RIP CHRIS
X

1 comment:

  1. What can I say, what a character. I used to sit with Chris when Rachael was at physiotherapy, she loved being with Rachael and used to comment on how positive Rachael was in her thinking. Gary used to pick me up every day and take me to the hospital and then bring me home at night. They were a lovely couple. God Bless you Chris. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete